Did you decide to have a staycation in place of your traditional summer vacation this year? If so, maybe you also decided to have a swimming pool installed in your own back yard. If the pool is already in place, perhaps you are now planning the landscaping for the area around the pool.
If you already know just how you will landscape the pool area, there is no reason for you to keep reading. However, maybe you need some suggestions to make the landscape unique and beautiful. If that's true, you've come to the right place for help.
Flagstone And Brick - While grass is beautiful, it's probably not the best choice for the area surrounding your swimming pool. Having grass will just mean that people will track it into the pool and you or somebody else will forever be cleaning the grass out of the pool.
- Consider using flagstone to surround a very large area around the swimming pool.
- Grey for the color of the flagstone would be a traditional choice.
- If you want something more unique, choose salmon for the flagstone color.
- Add interest to the flagstone foundation by surrounding it with bricks.
- For instance, if you go with light grey for the color of the flagstone, charcoal grey bricks would complement flagstone color.
- If you choose salmon-colored flagstone, terra cotta for the color of the bricks would be really pretty.
Even More Flagstone And Brick - Choose flagstones and bricks in other ways, too.
- For instance, are you installing an outdoor shower for people to use before or after a swim?
- If so, add a brick privacy wall around the shower. Choose the same color of bricks that you used for the pool area.
- You'll probably have garage bins somewhat close to the pool area.
- If that's true, you probably don't want the garbage bins to be a focal point.
- Hide them with a short brick wall surrounding them.
- Flagstone for the foundation of the privacy wall and the short wall hiding the garbage bins would be great.
If you are doing the flagstone and brick projects yourself, you might not know exactly how much to order. The stone supplier will have the experience to give you a pretty accurate figure. If you have stone products left over, you can use them as stepping stones in your back yard.
The great part about using flagstones and bricks in your back yard projects is that, besides being attractive, they will last for a very long time.